Drill & Blast
Westdrill is synonymous for providing the highest quality drilling and blasting services for open pit mining, quarrying and civil works projects throughout Western Australia.
Our professional and skilled team operate a sophisticated fleet of track mounted blast hole drill rigs, capable of handling the toughest terrains.
We come fully equipped with support vehicles and all the necessary equipment to get the job done right. With an extensive spare parts and drill consumable inventory onsite, and containerised workshops, you can be sure our highly experienced crew are always prepared for anything.
We maintain a fleet of mobile processing units (MPUs) in 4×4, 6×4 or 8×4 configuration, giving us the ability to supply bulk explosives to even the smallest or most remote project.
Our drilling and blasting services include:
- Drill and blast production
- Rock on ground services
- Shotfiring services
- Bulk explosives supply (includes transport, storage and load-out facilities)
- Technical assistance
- Professional drill and blast crew
- Support vehicles
- All equipment and spare parts
- Monitoring, risk management & statutory compliance
We run a modern extensive fleet of Atlas Copco track mounted blast hole drill rigs. Our models include D7, F9, F9C and L7 and feature:
- Versatile knuckle-boom design
- 3-tier stage sampling units for blast hole sampling – some available in long mast
- Low emissions and fuel efficient CAT® engines
- Innovative hydrocarbon efficiency
Safety is our #1 priority
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our operations and personnel at all times.
All of our blasting technicians are qualified, licensed and certified to carry out every aspect of the job with safety top of mind.
In addition, Westdrill has a full time in-house OHS officer dedicated to maintaining and constantly improving our safety standards. We will work closely with you to ensure full compliance with site and company requirements before any blasting begins.
Our zero tolerance approach is indicative of our enviable safety record. Our Drill & Blast team have previously held 9 consecutive years LTI Free – a remarkable effort given the sheer size and diversity of our operations.
Our projects speak volumes
It’s our unfailing reputation for delivering superior drilling and blasting services, that has lead us to work on significant mining and infrastructure projects in WA. These include:
- Inaugural contractor for the Windimurra Vanadium project
- Calcrete Open Cut mine at Murrin Murrin Operation (and ongoing projects)
- Mineral Resources open cut manganese and iron ore projects – Drill & Blast/ Grade Control
- BHP BIlliton Boodarie Tails Dam Project – Grade Control
- Process Minerals International – Exploration & Grade Control
- St George Mining Limited East Laverton Project – Exploration Drilling
- Minjar Gold Golden Dragon Project – Blast Hole Drilling & Grade Control
- Bis Industries Murrin Murrin Project – Drill & Blast
As part of our operations, we are dedicated to keeping the environmental impact to a minimum. We maintain a positive working relationship with relevant governing authorities to ensure we apply industry best practice with minimal ore dilution, regardless of the ground conditions.
Whether you require a complete drill and blast solution, or you just need partial blasting at your site, Westdrill have got you covered. Contact us today to get started.